When I found out that I was pregnant with Emma, I was thrilled to be having a girl! I found myself constantly looking at girl's clothing in stores and as I collected a monstrous wardrobe for her, I couldn't wait to change her a million times a day into all the adorable outfits I had waiting for her. As my luck would have it, from the minute she entered the world she screamed bloody-murder every time she was changed. She HATED having anything pulled over her head or anything with a collar. Once you put something on her (usually just a onsie), you could only hope that she would be able to stay in it all day. If the occasion arose where she absolutely needed to be changed (poop leak or puke stain), you better be prepared for the screaming! Since those early days, the wardrobe drama has changed, however it is not anymore pleasant. She doesn't care what anybody else is wearing or if YOU think it matches....all that matters is what matters to her! She dislikes pants, she dislikes dresses or skirts that don't "twirl", she usually dislikes anything that is not pink, she dislikes anything "scratchy", "clumpy", "tight" or "itchy". If we have a morning that is not a battle, we are off to a remarkable start!
On the other hand, Erin has been just the opposite. She let me dress her in anything and change the outfit as many times as I wanted! I was able to dress this child in all the things Emma would never wear. She wore blue and green and yellow....not just pink and purple! This was so incredibly wonderful......until about 2 weeks ago. Can someone please tell me what happened to my agreeable little angel? Now she too has an opinion about her clothes! We have had screaming fits about a pair of pants, or a particular shirt, or even a certain pair of panties. She wants to pick out everything herself and it only takes her an HOUR to decide!! Is this the 2 year old in her or have I somehow conceived another DIVA?!! I'll keep you posted....God help me when they are teenagers!!
No comments:
Post a Comment