Sunday, November 2, 2008

7 YEARS.....oh my!!

Eric and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary on October 13th. On the surface, we couldn't be 2 more different people. Eric is spontaneous, laid-back, unhurried. I like structure and organization, and have been known to be a little high-strung. :o) When we were first married I loved to think we were like bread & butter - we complimented each other nicely. However, since having children, our differences have caused us much distress at times. For any young couple contemplating starting a family: if you want to test your marriage - have a child....if that doesn't do it - have another one!! Having children will test your marriage on so many levels - time, patience, money, sex, friendship. In 7 years, we have had our ups and downs, but have almost perfected the ability to compromise, understand, and appreciate each other. To this day NOBODY makes me laugh like Eric! Even in the middle of chaos and exhaustion, he can make me see the lighter side of things! And that is one of the reasons why I love him so much!! So I guess we are kind of like bread & butter. Despite our differences, their is still a strong chemistry - we click! Luckily, we both still see ourselves as those silly and goofy twenty-something year olds, and it helps that we still share so many of the same interests. All-in-all, it has been an adventurous 7+ years and I look forward to many, many, many more years with my sometimes irritating....yet totally lovable husband!!!

No comments: