Monday, October 6, 2008

GROSS!!

I think I will make this an on going blog post. I'm sure I will have many more stories to share on this topic. Here are a few memories and a few recent experiences:

Eric woke up one morning after taking a nap with Emma (age 1 ½) to find her hovering over his face with her finger up her nose and a slippery little nugget in his mouth. GROSS!!

I’m on my way to Erin’s room one morning, wondering why she has slept so late (7:00) and is not screaming at the top of her lungs. As I walk in the room, I am hit in the face with the most pungent smell of poop I’ve ever experienced. There she is…..sitting in her crib….. happy as a clam….no diaper….poop smeared all over herself and her crib. GROSS!! If there is a mother out there that has not experienced this, then you are one lucky woman!!

One day I was getting Emma out of the van, and she was smearing something on her lips with her index finger in a very meticulous way. I said to her, “What are you doing?” She said, “I’m putting on my lip gloss.” Oh crap! “Where did you get lip gloss?” I said. “From my nose”, she says, as if there were nothing abnormal about that!! GROSS!!

Emma has a little trouble in the wiping department. If I’m not there to supervise, I’m not sure she even tries! By the look of her underpants, I’m pretty sure she just does her business and pulls up! Sometimes, I can’t even bring myself to put them in the washer….so I just throw them away!! GROSS!!

3 comments:

ElderFL said...

I am rolling on the floor laughing at this post. As a matter of fact, I remember you telling me that first Emma story about the naptime nose picking... Too FUNNY!

di said...

Been there, bought the teeshirt. The whole poop in the crib story brought back a memory(won't say which of my children, due to untold public embarrassment.)We lived in a 2 story house and the smell was pungent from the downstairs living room! Gotta love motherhood tht I still remember it after 20 years.

di said...

Okay, the whole poop in the crib story, been there, done that, bought the teeshirt. It was over 20 years ago (I won't embarrass my children publicly by saying which one it was), but we were living in a 2 story house, and I could smell it downstairs. Totally gross. Ain't motherhood grand?