Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I had an epiphany...I'm really enjoying my kids!!

I’m really beginning to enjoy my kids now. Not that I never enjoyed them before, it’s just that I’m REALLY enjoying them a lot more now. I’ve heard a million moms say, “Enjoy them while they are babies – savor all those moments.” And I would think to myself, “You must have forgotten what those early months are like!” “Is exhaustion supposed to be fun?” “I’m too tired to savor anything!” “I just want us all to make it through the day alive and pray for 4+ hours of uninterrupted sleep!” Yes, I thought it was amazing to watch how my babies changed day-by-day…and yes, I was so proud of every milestone they hit…and yes, I thought they were so dang cute in their little outfits…but I’ve been pretty anxious to get through the baby years. For me, having 2 babies close in age, made it difficult to enjoy every moment like I should have. Of course, I do look back on the last 4 ½ years and there are a few parts I wish I could do over again, but for the most part I’m finally REALLY enjoying them at the ages they are now. Hopefully by winter Erin will be potty-trained and on the tail-end of the “terrible-twos” and we will officially be on parole from “baby jail”, so watch out world…..the Dailey family will be on the loose!!

No comments: