Monday, October 13, 2008

Is There A Full Moon Coming?

Saturday started out good. My sister, the girls and I participated in the 5K Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk. The girls actually did really good. Emma walked about 80% of the time (she rode on my back the other 20%) and Erin quietly rode in the stroller most of the way. We were dead last at one point, but that's OK because there were no hissy fits or scene making, so I call that a major success! BUT.....the weekend pretty much went down from there! :o(

Is there is a full moon coming? Because my children turned into energy-sucking, nerve-ripping, patience-killers for the rest of the weekend! I basically wanted to run away by Saturday night!! We tried to go out to eat Saturday afternoon and it was AWFUL! Running around the table, spitting out food, feet on the table, yelling, screaming, fighting, back-talking.....I mean, basically no manners whatsoever. And it was as if they knew they controlled us! The more we tried to discipline them, the worse it got!!! Where did they come from? We don't accept this behavior, yet it didn't stop them from testing every rule!! The rest of the weekend was much of the same.

Erin is a little easier to discipline these days. A stern voice, a rough move to time-out, a soft little pop on the butt....and the lower lip pops out and her feelings are hurt. A few minutes later..."I saw-wee....I wanna be gud".

Emma on the other hand, has ALWAYS been a challenge! She is a born negotiator and STUBBORN!! If you push, she pushes 10 times harder!! So far the discipline that works best with her is taking prized possessions away....however this come with a cost.....screaming, crying, throwing down on the floor. She does not give up easy and the result is not pretty!

Anyway, this is how my weekend went. However, all this naughtiness must have been exhausting for them too, because they went to bed Sunday night without a peep and earlier than usual! I hope this means we are going to get off to a better start today!!!

2 comments:

ElderFL said...

So, my takeaway from that story is that there is a mild possibility that Olivia will be like Erin....and maybe, just maybe, listen to me. Because I think Dylan comes from the Emma school of thought.

Dailey News - Mom's Spot said...

God help you, my friend! I'll pray for you!