Saturday, September 26, 2009

Willie

OK, as hesitant as I was to get a dog....I somehow let my husband talk me into getting a 2nd dog!! I'm not sure WHY on earth I agreed to this!! And if we were to get dogs, couldn't we have gotten some cute, LITTLE, mild-shedding dogs?? Oh no, that would have been toooo sensible -- we have to have 2 BIG, BLACK, SUPER-SHEDDERS!!! So anyway, Eric found dog #2 through a work acquaintance. His name is Willie and he is a 5 year old Lab/Retriever. Actually, he is an excellent dog. He goes outside good, he has never gotten on the furniture, he walks great on a leash (and even stays right with us without a leash), he doesn't jump all over people, and he is gentle and good with the kids. I think if we had found him first we would still have only 1 dog. We got him because Bindi is....lets just say....somewhat of a problem child and Eric thought another dog would help her to become more....ummm, calm! Unfortunately, this strategy did not work! So long story short, we now have 2 dogs and I am hoping we don't end up on either Cesar Millan's The Dog Whisperer or It's Me Or The Dog (both shows on The Animal Planet).

No comments: