Sunday, January 11, 2009

Emma's 5th Birthday

Emma turned 5 on January 3rd!! So far our childrens' birthdays have been pretty low key. We like to make a big deal about them and make them feel special, but we usually just have some family over for cake and gifts. This year I decided I would host our first "kids' party". I knew I couldn't get it together by the 3rd, being it was only a week after Christmas and I would at least need a weekend to take down my Christmas stuff! So we planned it for the 10th instead. So what would we do on the 3rd? We wanted to at least acknowledge her "real" date of birth! Grannie & PaPa to the rescue! They took her to the Build-A-Bear Workshop on the 3rd and she made the most beautiful, VERY pink, bear.....who she named Jessica. She had a great day! Thank you Grannie & PaPa!!
She had her second birthday celebration on the 5th at pre-school when I brought in cupcakes and everybody sang Happy Birthday to her. She really liked that! BUT Saturday the 10th, was the BIG day! We had 15 kids come to her Royal Princess Party and everything revolved around that theme. I was kind of nervous about it....being my first time hosting all these kids and their parents....but I think it went over pretty well and hopefully she will always look back and have wonderful memories of her 5th birthday! I also need to say thank you AGAIN to Sherry and my parents-in-law for helping with all the preparations! Couldn't have pulled it off without their help!! I also posted some pictures...

No comments: